What Is A Cover Page For A Research PaperSeptember 17, 2014 - Posted to Research papers
A research paper is a document which explores aspects of scientific, social sciences and technical. The first time you are overwhelmed with this document, you might despair but when you progress you realize that things get easier. You can spend long periods working on a research paper. When you hand in your assignment, you realize that you forgot to write a cover page for research paper.
Your instructors might deduct more points even up to ten points from the overall grade. With the cover page, you need to write the appropriate information. There are various steps to follow that we have outlined for you.
The Writing Process
You don’t have to ask about how to make a cover page for a research paper. We have the points that you need, which include:
• Employ various writing styles - Such as MLA, APA, Harvard, or Chicago style. It depends with the instructions provided by instructors. With the Modern Language Association (MLA) version is used to reference for papers within the arts and literature sector. There is also the (APA) American Psychological Association writing format. This version is used for social sciences.
• The Spacing and Font - The research paper should be double-spaced, and Times New Roman font should be used. The type size should be 12-point.
• The Running Head - There should be a running head which is placed at the left corner of the cover page. It should also appear at the top right hand corner of subsequent research paper pages. How to do a cover page for a research paper will no longer be a question in your mind.
• Center the title of your document- the title should appear a third downward on the page. It shouldn’t exceed beyond the 12 words. It should also be typed using the upper and lower cases. The cover page for research paper should skip two lines. Your name should appear below the title. Include the universities’ name, your teachers’ name. A double-spaced line should exist under the name of the student.
• There are also extra tips outlined for you that you should follow whenever you think about how to make a cover page for a research paper. They include:
- The paper used should be white, and also 8.5 by 11-inch paper. Do not use any form of colored paper or scented papers when writing your research paper.
- Set the margins within 1-inch on all sides of the document.
- Don’t make a cover page unless your supervisors have asked for it.
- Make sure that you follow your teachers’ specifications for completing the cover page.
Questions you should consider
When thinking about how to do a cover page for a research paper, ask yourself the following questions.
1. Why is the cover page relevant to your essay?
In most cases, the teachers see the cover page first. It makes a big impression on them. When your paper is excellent, but your title page is messy, your teachers will get the impression that you aren’t serious about your academic works. They will start looking for mistakes where there wasn’t any so that they can deduct marks.
2. What do I need to insert in my title page?
Most of the time, your supervisors will precisely tell you what they need. They will include this information in the assignment sheet, so don’t hesitate to follow these instructions.
3. How should the title page look like?
• The title page is determined via personal style. You should use one or two font’s maximum. When you use more than two, this can be confusing and distracting for your readers.
• The font that you use should be clear, and easy to read.